Henna Tattoo Designs
What is henna tattooing? Henna tattooing is a form of temporary body decoration similar in appearance to a tattoo and it last on the skin from 7 to 10 days. Henna tattoos are becoming very popular, for many people, committing themselves to a single permanent tattoo is somewhat intimidating. However, there is an alternative. Henna tattoos are a form of temporary body art that has been practiced for millennia (but has only become popular in the United States within the last few decades). It is known as Mehndi.
Henna tattoos are temporary, so you can change your mind about design or placement without having to stick to it permanently. Henna tattoos cost less than traditional tattoos. A professional artist can apply henna tattoos quickly and easily. There is no need to wait for the tattoo to heal.
Things to know about Henna Tattoo !
- Henna Tattoo dye tends to last two weeks or so before it starts to take on a faded appearance.
- Not everyone has a reaction to black henna, but it can be painful if you do.
- The Henna paste symbolizes good health and prosperity in marriage.
- Natural henna takes a few hours to be absorbed into the skin and causes few allergic reactions.
- You will need to wait at least 12 hours before having a shower after a henna design.
- It can cause some side effects such as redness, itching, burning,... of the skin due to an ingredient added to henna.
- Wiping a henna with gentle soap & warm water can help lift away some of tattoo's pigments.
- You will see that your mehndi design starts to darken as it oxidizes throughout the day.
Coming from a south Asian tradition, henna uses a paste made from the powdered leaves of the henna plant to create a temporary tattoo.
Henna tattoo design
There are many designs and types of Henna Tattoo. Natural henna tattoos have been applied to human skin for hundreds of years.
How to do Henna Tattoos
Henna tattoos are perfect for summertime. They are natural, they are beautiful, they are temporary, and one batch of henna goes a long way!